Human Resources and Risk Management
Phone: 425.430.7650 Fax: 425.430.7665
The City of Renton is a full service City with a workforce of approximately 710 regular employees. Departments in the City include Community Services, Fire, Public Works, Community and Economic Development, Executive, City Attorney, Court Services, Police, Human Resources and Risk Management, and Finance and Information Technology. The City maintains a very competitive compensation and benefit program throughout its range of employment positions, while providing exciting opportunities in the overall public service to the community.
The Human Resources and Risk Management department maintains a positive work environment based on mutual trust and respect, protects and preserves public assets, and provides a safe workplace that minimizes occupational risk and financial loss.
Human Resources and Risk Management involves a variety of core services:
- Recruitment and Selection
- Classification and Compensation
- Employee Benefits
- Employee Relations
- Workplace Health and Safety
- Employee Training and Development
- Property and Liability Insurance
Areas of responsibility:
- Administration of the City's safety, workers' compensation, and self-insurance programs
- Coordinating health and wellness programs
- Maintaining a variety of records
- Provides support to the Civil Service Commission
For questions or assistance, call 425.430.7650 or email Human Resources.