The City of Renton offers Recycling Day Events twice a year in the spring and fall.
Spring Recycle Event!
Date: Saturday, May 13, 2017
Time: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Place: Renton Technical College, North Parking Lot
(NE 6th Place & Monroe Avenue NE)
Help us reach our goals this year by bringing recyclable items to this event. Look below for a list of materials that will be accepted. If you have questions, please call us at 425-430-7398.
- Limit one trip per household per event.
- No vehicle may join the line after 3 p.m.
- No business waste accepted.
- We reserve the right to refuse oversized loads or unacceptable materials.
- Vehicles will only be allowed to enter line from Southbound on Monroe Avenue NE.
- Secure Your Load! Its The Law!
Acceptable Recyclable Materials
We unload recyclables in the following order:
Plastics and Styrofoam: We accept clean plastic containers labeled #2 and #4 (check container bottom). We also accept clean plastic bags, bubble wrap, and styrofoam peanuts and popcorn. Please bag styrofoam to keep it separate from other recyclables. We accept clean, white, hard styrofoam packaging material and containers. No plastic bottles, hard or molded packaging or products (including toys, detergent buckets, flower pots, etc).
Reusable household goods: Clothing, small furniture, small appliances and household items that are in good condition and reusable "as is." No console TVs, sofas or baby furniture, broken furniture, appliances, hide-a-beds or water beds.
Unusable textiles: Stained, torn or otherwise unusable clothing, sheets, towels and other fabric items accepted, (separate from reusable items). No wet material or furniture cushions.
"Ni-Cad" batteries and cell phones: Battery label will state "Ni-cad" or "Nickel Cadmium". These are rechargeable batteries typically used in cellular phones, cordless power tools, laptop computers and camcorders. Household batteries accepted.
Lead-acid batteries: Car, truck, marine and motorcycle batteries accepted. Household batteries accepted.
Residential waste only.
Uncontaminated antifreeze: Store in sealed, lidded, reusable container. (Do not mix with any other substances.) Residential waste only.
Uncontaminated motor oil: Store in sealed, lidded, reusable container. (Do not mix with any other substances.) Residential waste only.
Used oil filters: All automobile filters accepted. Residential waste only.
Car, pickup truck, and motorcycle tires: Bias ply, steel belted and studded tires accepted.
- Remove tires from rims
- Residential waste only
- Limit 10 tires per load
- Call 425-430-7396 for approval of larger loads
- NO Semi-truck tires. NO Tractor tires.
- Mattresses/Box springs ($15 cash), mattresses must be dry, no excessive stains, no bedbugs and no blood stains. Cash paid to vendor at event.
- Cardboard: cardboard must be flattened, books also accepted.
Scrap metal and appliances: Auto parts, lawn chairs, water heaters, dryers, washers, bikes, iron, steel and copper.
- Remove all wheels and nonmetal parts
- Remove oil and fluids from auto parts, mowers, and other equipment
- Cardboard: cardboard must be flattened
- NO Television sets or computers.
- NO Refrigerators/Freezers
- NO home air conditions
Bulky yard waste and clean wood: Branches (min. 2" in diameter) - Large branches, stumps, shrubs, unpainted and untreated wood, plywood, OSB and particle board. NO railroad ties, pressure treated wood or small branches.
- Broken concrete (without rebar), bricks and porcelain. Sinks, tubs and toilets are accepted, (all parts must be removed).
Do Not Bring:
- Grass clippings and small branches
- #1 and #2 plastic bottles
- #6 Polystyrene plastic
- Glass plates
- Paints; Oil-based and Latex paint, (Alkyd paint and stains*)
- Solvents and thinners*
- Cleaning products*
- Fluorescent lighting*
*If you cannot use up these household products, call the Hazards Line at 206-296-4692 to find out where to dispose of them properly or visit: http://www.hazwastehelp.org/
This event is funded by the King County WR/R Program and the Local Hazardous Waste Management Program in King County.
For more information, call the Information Line at 425-430-7398 or the Solid Waste Utility at 425-430-7396.
*** SECURE YOUR LOAD FOR SAFER ROADS! IT'S THE LAW! ***
Email the Solid Waste Coordinator