Six-Year Transportation Improvement Program (TIP)
Annually, the City of Renton updates a Six-Year Transportation Improvement Program (TIP). It is a planning document adopted by the Renton City Council.
- Reflects involvement by citizens and elected officials.
- Implements the City of Renton Mission Statement.
- Is used to coordinate transportation projects and programs with other jurisdictions and agencies.
- Is a multi-year planning tool for the development of the transportation facilities within the City.
- Is required for State and Federal funding programs.
- Is a vital part of planning under the Growth Management Act (GMA).
- Is mandated by State law.
Projects and programs can be found listed with the appropriate Transportation Division section on each of their web pages: Transportation Planning, Transportation Design, and Transportation Operations and Maintenance.
Copies of the TIP can be purchased from the City Clerk's Office, 425-430-6510. Questions about the TIP process can be directed to the Transportation Systems Division, 425-430-7321.