Water Saving Devices
Once all leaks are fixed, the next step to saving water is to install water saving devices. The beauty of water saving devices is that once they are installed, the water savings are automatic.
Single Family Savings and Rebates
- Install a Premium WaterSense labeled high-efficiency low flow toilet: Install a toilet that uses 1.06 gallons per flush (gpf) and receive a $100 rebate. These toilets use 20% less water and remove 70% more solid waste, compared to regular WaterSense toilets. Details of eligibility, toilet models, local retailers and application on Savingwater.org website.
- Upgrade your sprinkler system. Residential customers with more than one acre of existing irrigated area may be eligible to receive technical and financial assistance. See details at SavingWater.org
- Install a WaterSense showerhead: Get a free basic model efficient showerhead or order your choice of WaterSense models online with a $10 instant rebate. Or, purchase a showerhead with up to $10 instant discount at participating retail stores. Must be a Puget Sound Energy (PSE) residential customer and heat your water with electricity or natural gas from PSE to qualify for this rebate.
- PSE also has washing machine rebates and free washer and refrigerator offers.
Apartment and Condominium Owners
- Replace a existing pre-2004 toilet with a 1.28 gpf WaterSense labeled toilet for a $75 rebate; or a 1.06 gpf Premium WaterSense labeled high-efficiency low flow toilet for $200 rebate List of eligible models, local retailers, application and details at SavingWater.org
- Upgrade your sprinkler system. Multifamily customers with more than one acre of existing irrigated area may be eligible to receive technical and financial assistance. See details at SavingWater.org
Commercial, Industrial & Institutional
There are many rebates, incentives and technical assistance available for business sector.
- Flush Valve Toilets and Urinals
$150 per fixture for replacing older flush valve toilets and urinals with high efficiency toilet (HET) and
WaterSense approved urinals.
- Tank Toilet Rebate - Get a $75 or $150 rebate towards replacing old toilets with WaterSense labeled toilets.
$75 rebate per toilet towards 1.28 gpf WaterSense toilets.
$150 rebate per toilet towards 1.06 gpf Premium WaterSense toilets.
- Cooling Tower Improvements
- Kitchen Equipment
- Medical Equipment
- Commercial Laundry
- Sprinkler System Upgrades
- Other Technologies