Gene Coulon Memorial Beach Park
Hours: 7:00 a.m. to Dusk
Gene Coulon Memorial Beach Park (originally Lake Washington Beach Park) consists of 57 acres of land and water at the southeast corner of Lake Washington. The park offers a unique opportunity for water-related recreational enjoyment. Animals, alcohol, rollerblades, skateboard, and bike touring are not allowed at Gene Coulon Memorial Beach Park. Bikes must yield to pedestrians and stay on the roadway. Enjoy Clam Lights, Kids Fishing Derbies, Annual 4th of July festivities, and the Kidd Valley Summer Concert Series at Coulon Beach Park. For additional information, call the Renton Community Center at 425-430-6700. View a map with picnic shelter locations and parking lots.
The swimming beach at Coulon Beach Park opens for the season in mid-June. Lifeguards will be on duty daily from 12:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. through Labor Day.
- Eight boat-launch lanes (Credit and/or debit cards accepted only.)
- Four picnic shelters (reservations required)
- Playground equipment
- Two tennis courts
- Horseshoe pits
- Two sand volleyball courts
- Interpretive botanical walk
- Fishing pier
- IVARS and KIDD VALLEY food concessions
- Water walk
- Summer swimming area (Swimming is permitted only at the swimming beach. Although swimming is permitted at any time during hours of operation, swimmers are advised to observe the posted signs indicating when a lifeguard is on duty).
- Over 1.5 miles of paved walking trails along the shoreline
- Access to the Lake Washington Loop Trail on Lake Washington Boulevard
- ADA accessible
Return to the Master Park Directory.