4th of July in Renton
Renton's Fabulous 4th of July
Tuesday, July 4, 2017
Gene Coulon Memorial Beach Park
1201 Lake Washington Blvd. N.
Renton's 4th of July co-sponsored by
7:00 a.m. - Park Opens
9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. - Sand Blast Volleyball Tournament at the sand courts in the South Beach
12:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. - Free KidZone Activities, Inflatables & Face-painting for Kids co-sponsored by Coal Creek Family YMCA and Renton Walmart.
12:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m. - Stage Entertainment
10:00 p.m. - Fireworks launched from the northwest corner of the Ivar's Water Walk at Gene Coulon Memorial Beach Park
Food will be available from Ivar's, Kidd Valley, and the Beachside Concession Stand in the South Beach. Visit the Event Information Booth, located just north of Kidd Valley, for summertime community information.
Sand Blast Volleyball Tournament
Be sure to take a stroll through beautiful Gene Coulon and check out the co-ed doubles tournament on the sand courts in the South Beach. Every participant will receive a tank top for playing and prizes for the champions. Register today; space is limited. Visit rentonwa.gov/sports.
KidZone Activities co-sponsored by Coal Creek Family YMCA and Renton Walmart
Free KidZone Activities include Orbitron Spin, Giant Inflatable Slide, Obstacle Course, and Ball Pond. Free face-painting provided by the Renton High School Cheer Squad.
(Entertainment Stage located in the grass amphitheatre on the north side of Kidd Valley and Ivar's)
Check back for the final line-up for the Entertainment Stage.
12:30 p.m. Renton City Concert Band
2:15 p.m. TBD
3:45 p.m. TBD
5:00 p.m. TBD
6:00 p.m. TBD
7:15 p.m. Official Welcome & National Anthem
8:00 p.m. Oncore - R&B Hits
Renton's Fireworks Display
The 20+ minute fireworks display, launched from the northwest corner of the Ivar's Water Walk at Lake Washington at Gene Coulon Memorial Beach Park at 10:00 p.m., will cater to spectators at the park. The fireworks display may also be visible from several locations close to the park or from the hills surrounding Gene Coulon Memorial Beach Park.
- Parking is limited at Gene Coulon Memorial Beach Park.
- Courtesy Pick-Up, Drop-Off, Unload and Load ONLY will be available in the Boat Launch area from 7:00 a.m. until 9:00 p.m. Please Note: attendees who are NOT picked up before 9:00 p.m., will need to wait for pick-up until approximately 11:15 p.m. when Lake Washington Blvd. N. has reopened. No vehicular parking in the Boat Launch area.
- Vehicular access to Gene Coulon Memorial Beach Park will cease from 9:00 p.m. to approximately 11:15 p.m. Pedestrian access only to the park starting at 9:00 p.m.
- Parking is not permitted along Lake Washington Blvd. N.
- Street parking is available on Houser Way N., accessible from Lake Washington Blvd. N. and using the underpass going under NE Park Drive.
- Event parking will be available on the top two floors at the parking garage at The Landing. Please note: parking will not be permitted in the other "surface lots" at The Landing.
- Event parking will also be available in the lot at N. 8th Street, Park Avenue N. and Garden Avenue N.
- Parking at all locations is at your own risk; do not leave valuables in vehicle.
- There is no shuttle service provided to offsite parking areas.
Street Closure - Lake Washington Blvd. N.
Vehicle access to Lake Washington Blvd. N. will be restricted beginning at 9:30 p.m. to facilitate safe exit of pedestrians and vehicular traffic from Gene Coulon Memorial Beach Park. Lake Washington Blvd. N. will reopen to normal traffic at approximately 11:15 p.m.
Finger Piers and Bulkhead Restriction
Boats must be cleared from finger piers and bulkhead by 7:00 p.m.
Boat Launch Hours
The following hours will be enforced at the Boat Launch:
- 9:00 p.m.-11:00 p.m.: No launching or pick-up of watercraft at the boat launch
Personal fireworks, alcohol, pets, animals, enclosed tents, large barbecues and drones are prohibited. Pop-up canopies (up to 10x10 secured with weights only, no stakes) children's tents, umbrellas and umbrellas-chairs are allowed.
Personal fireworks are prohibited within the City of Renton, including the park.
The Police and Fire Departments will actively enforce the ban.
Email 4th of July Event Director
or call 425-430-6600 for information.
About Our 2017 Sponsors
The City of Renton has been very fortunate to develop and sustain sponsor relationships with two community partners, The Landing, and the Renton Walmart Superstore. The success of our Fabulous 4th of July at Gene Coulon Memorial Beach Park, Renton's largest one-day event, can be attributed to the ongoing support of our event sponsors. The Landing has been a sponsor since 2009 and the Renton Walmart Superstore since 2014. Please join the City of Renton in thanking our sponsors by exploring their services and patronizing these Renton-based businesses.
The Landing is a 46-acre urban village development located just off the I-405 freeway in Renton’s South Lake Washington neighborhood. The project is part of an ambitious redevelopment of the South Lake Washington community and provides convenience, comfort and charm in an exciting outdoor shopping, dining and entertainment environment. Its unique blend of residential neighborhood, retail, and entertainment districts serve local residents and the greater regional community.