STOP & SWAP
What: STOP & SWAP -
REUSE IT! RENTON
When: Saturday, August 13, 2016
(One Day Reuse Event)
Time: 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Place: Renton Memorial Stadium
South Parking Lot
405 Logan Avenue North
You are invited to STOP & SWAP, whether you have something to drop off or not. STOP & SWAP, hosted by the City of Renton, is designed to divert quality goods from your waste stream and make them available to neighbors and non-profits who can use them.
Your trash may be someone's treasure. Before you take those reusable, unwanted items to the dump, swing by the Reuse It! Renton Swap to drop them off. Renton's Solid Waste Utility is holding this one-day event to help you swap stuff with your neighbors for free.
WE ACCEPT: All items must be in good working order. (Staff have the right to refuse any item).
Household items (NO Textiles and Refrigerators)
The following list is not comprehensive but is provided to suggest the types of material we accept and do not accept. Visit the Stop and Swap page here for more information. If you have an item that you are unsure will be accepted, please call the Solid Waste Utility staff at 425-430-7396 or 425-430-7397 before the event.
- Gardening and landscaping tools
- Most consumer electronics (NO TV's, Computers or Monitors)
- Vanities, Doors, and other building materials in good working condition
- Sporting and Exercise equipment
- Hobbyist supplies
- Toys, Books and Games
- Almost anything that is in good condition and can be given away!
Please Note: For an extended list of ACCEPTABLE ITEMS click here.
WE DO NOT ACCEPT:
- Garbage. There is no waste service available.
- Yard Waste
- Items that are broken or in poor condition
- Mattresses and Box springs
- Computer and Monitors
- Propane tanks and other compressed gas cylinders
- Satellite dishes
- Railroad Ties
- Tires or Automotive parts
- Bathtubs or Shower stalls
- Pianos & Organs
- Hazardous waste, including motor oil, pesticides, fertilizers, drain cleaners, etc.
THIS IS NOT A SWAP MEET. This event is hosted by the City to facilitate the exchange of usable items.
The City does not warrant or guarantee the quality of any item. Participants dropping items off do not have to stay until the end of the event.
Items are intended for free reuse and not for resale or personal profit. Please take only what you or your non-profit need. If you are interested in reselling items, please come back at the end of the day to see what is left. For additional information, call 425-430-7396.
Unclaimed items will be disposed of at the end of the event.
RENTON CLEAN SWEEP PROGRAM