Vacation House Check Program
This is a free service offered by the Renton Police Department to Renton residents living in single family homes. Police Volunteers will check your unoccupied residence several times a week, making sure doors and windows are locked, newspapers haven’t accumulated, and only authorized vehicles are on the property. If anything seems suspicious, the volunteer will have a police officer respond to the scene. If necessary, they will contact the emergency contact listed on your Vacation House Check Request form.
This service helps in providing peace of mind for those that need to be away from their home for an extended period of time.
- This service is only available during the weekdays, and excludes weekends and holidays.
- Request forms are reviewed and processed Monday - Friday between the hours of 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- House checks are not conducted on homes that are occupied for any length of time during the homeowner's absence, and will not be available for homes that are vacant, for sale or rent.
- Homes that aren’t completely secured (i.e., open or unlocked windows and sliding glass doors, portable air conditioning unit connected to an unsecured window, etc.), will be removed from the checklist.
Request a House Check
If you are interested in having a vacation house check, please fill out the online form or call (425) 430-7571. Be sure to leave the following information:
- When you are leaving (date and time, if known)
- When you expect to return (date and time, if known)
- Your name, address, and phone number (including name of development, if known)
- Whether there will be any cars outside your residence while you are gone (include make, model, license number)
- Who has permission to enter the residence while you are gone (i.e., to feed pets, water plants, etc.)
- An emergency contact name and number
- Any other information you feel is important for us to know
Click here for a printable brochure.