How and When to Vote
Renton citizens can vote via absentee ballot in the City during any King County election date.
2014 Election Dates in King County are:
- Jan. 13 - Regular Legislative Session begins.
- Feb. 3 - Last day for in-person registrations for the February 11 Special Election.
- Feb. 11 - SPECIAL ELECTION
- Apr. 14 - Last day for in-person registration for the April 22 Special Election.
- Apr. 22 - SPECIAL ELECTION
- Apr. 28 - First day candidate filings may be accepted by mail
- May 12-16 - Candidate filing (RCW 29A.24.050)
- Jul. 7 - Last day for mail-in & online registrations or transfers for the August 6 State Primary.
- Jul. 28 - Last day for in-person registrations for the August 4 State Primary.
- Aug. 5 - STATE PRIMARY ELECTION
- Oct. 6 - Last day for mail-in registrations or transfers for the November 6 General Election.
- Oct. 27 - Last day for in-person registrations at the King County Voter Registration Office located at: 919 South Grady Way, Renton, phone: (206) 296-8683 for the November 5 General Election.
- Nov. 4 - STATE GENERAL ELECTION
Check out the King County web site for prior elections results.
Absentee Ballots: Voters opt to vote absentee either for the convenience of voting at home or because they will be out of town on an election day. Forms should be mailed at least two weeks prior to an election to receive an absentee ballot by mail. Late requests can be made by phone at 206.296.8683 or in person at the King County Elections Office.
Ongoing Absentee Ballot Request Form: To become an ongoing absentee voter, download and sign the ongoing absentee ballot request form located on the King County Elections Office web site
, and deliver it in person or by mail to the King County Elections Office.
One-Time Absentee Ballot Request Form: To vote absentee for a specific election either apply online at the King County Elections Office web site
, call the King County Elections Office at 206.296.8683, or apply in person at the King County Elections Office.
For additional information, check out the King County Records Elections Office web site, email the City Clerk, or call 425.430.6510.