Waste Reduction and Collection
The City of Renton contracts with Waste Management to provide curbside collection of garbage, recycling, and yard and food waste. Residential yard and food waste (grey cart) is collected every week while recycling (blue cart) and garbage (green cart) are collected every other week.
For collection questions or issues, please visit Waste Management's website or call 800-592-9995 (M-F, 7am-5pm).
For the following billing issues, please contact the City of Renton Utilities at 425-430-6852:
- Start new service or change account ownership
- Make a payment
- Apply for a senior or disabled discount
- Cancel service
- Restart from service cut-off
Did you know?
- By separating recycling and yard and food waste from garbage, you can save money and help protect the environment. Your residential service includes recycling and yard and food waste collection for no extra cost. By diverting recyclables and compostables from your garbage, you can downsize your garbage cart for a lower rate, saving money. Moreover, keeping materials out of the landfill using the "reduce, reuse, recycle" strategy helps to preserve valuable natural resources while reducing greenhouse gases that drive climate change.
- There is no charge for setting out extra recyclable and compostable items that don’t fit in your curbside carts. You can put extra recyclable items in a bin or cardboard box (limit 3’x3’x3’) next to your blue recycling cart. Gather extra yard trimmings in paper yard bags, 32-gal cans with handles and lids (65 lb limit) labeled “Yard,” or in bundles tied with sisal twine (4’x2’ limit), and place them next to your grey yard and food waste cart. Please DO NOT bag extra recyclables or compostables in plastic bags.
Email the Solid Waste Coordinator