File an Incident Report
If this is an Emergency please call 911.
Renton's online reporting allows you to submit a report immediately and print a copy of the report free.
Incident types available for online reporting:
- Abandoned Vehicle
- Harassing Phone Calls
- Identity Theft - Important information on identity theft
- Lost Property
- Non-injury Hit & Run Accident
- Theft From Vehicle - stolen equipment or belongings from a vehicle
- Theft - your property less than $1,500 taken without your permission with NO suspect information. Do not use if entry into your home/business was forced (Breaking a window, door...), call 911.
- Vandalism - less than $1,500
DO NOT USE ON-LINE REPORTING TO REPORT:
- Stolen vehicles
- Stolen or lost license plates
- Stolen or lost license plate tabs
- Stolen or lost firearms
If you answer yes/true to the following questions, online reporting is available to you:
- This is not an Emergency?
- This incident occurred within the Renton City limits?
Note: Not all locations containing "Renton" in the mailing address are within Renton's jurisdiction.
Please verify you are in Renton by:
- Open our COR Map application
- Enter your address in the top right corner (in the teal-colored menu bar)
- Search results will show in the left pane. Look for a line starting with "Jurisdiction:"
- If you are in Renton, the search results will say "Jurisdiction: RENTON"
- There are no known suspects or evidence that could lead to the identification of a suspect?
- None of the lost/stolen property has a serial number
- This did not occur on Highway 167 or I-405?
- You have an email address?
If you answered no/false to any of the questions, please look at our Frequently Asked Questions section.
Upon completion of this process you will:
- See the words: "Your report/supplemental has been submitted" showing that your report has been submitted for approval.
- Be able to print a copy of your submitted report to keep for your records.
- All cases filed online will be reviewed.
- Once the report has been approved, a Renton case number and a copy of the report will be emailed to you.
- Upon review, if further investigation of your case is needed, you may be contacted.
- Filing a false police report is a crime.
- Reports that do not meet the above online reporting requirements will be rejected.
- Downloadable Instructions
BY CLICKING THE START BUTTON YOU CERTIFY THAT
YOU UNDERSTAND FILING A FALSE REPORT IS A CRIME.
Renton Police Department - 1055 South Grady Way, Renton, WA 98057 - 425.430.7500