Renton Municipal Arts Commission
The Renton Municipal Arts Commission was formed by Resolution 1320, on August 9, 1965. Overseeing an annual budget, the Commission is charged with the responsibility of acting in an advisory capacity to city government in connection with the artistic and cultural development of the city.
The Commission strives to support and connect people with arts and culture endeavors in the Renton community.
The Commission's goals are to:
- Enrich and increase participation and awareness of the cultural and artist community
- Serve as Renton’s source for arts information
- Increase funding opportunities for arts and culture programs
- Advocate for arts education at all levels
- Advise the City on arts related projects and public art.
Arts & Cultural Registry
The Renton Municipal Arts Commission has developed an “Arts and Culture Registry.” If you wish to be notified of periodic Calls For Artists, Cultural Networking Events, or Public Art Opportunities, please download the form below and submit it to RMAC: Arts & Cultural Registry Form.
The Renton Municipal Arts Commission recognizes individuals who have made a difference in the arts and culture of Renton. Nominations can be made to the Commission for outstanding individuals in this field to receive the Bravo Award. Click here for nomination information.