In concert with the business community, the Economic Development Division staff members actively promote and develop economic activity in the City with the goal of strengthening Renton's tax base and providing an even greater variety of job opportunities, housing, and services.
The Division champions economic opportunities, creates public-private partnerships, and fosters new development by marketing Renton's many benefits, including the community's: central location; affordable land costs and lease rates; vacant land and substantial redevelopment areas; healthy business climate and economic diversification; streamlined permitting process and low mitigation and permit fees; and recreational and quality of life amenities. As a result, businesses are relocating to Renton, new housing is being constructed and neighborhoods are being revitalized and/or created.
Renton is the Right Choice. To learn more about why you may want to live, work, or play in Renton, check out the Renton Community Marketing Campaign Video or download the following documents:
Major economic development projects include the award-winning downtown Renton revitalization, as well as South Lake Washington, Port Quendall, and Highlands redevelopment.
The Economic Development Division is also responsible for implementing business recruitment and retention efforts, as well as coordinating the Renton Municipal Arts Commission and the Renton Community Marketing Campaign. The award-winning community-based campaign created the brand "Renton - Ahead of the Curve".
For more information, visit the Economic Development material in the Business section, or check out:
- Renton Community Marketing Campaign - information about the campaign and its stakeholders.
- About Renton - information about Renton, its central location and the features and amenities that make the City a wonderful and exciting community on the move.
- Property Profiles - Renton offers tremendous investment opportunities. The Opportunity Center contains information about office, residential, and retail opportunities in the City.
- Major Projects - the latest updates on major projects underway and planned in Renton.
- Renton in the News - Renton is making headlines. This section contains links to recent and archived news articles about the City and its economic revitalization, as well as news from community stakeholders.
- A list of important links for regional economic development resources.
Come join us in Renton.
For additional information, please email Jessie Kotarski, Economic Development, or call 425.430.7271.