You are here
: City Departments and Services
: Community Services
: Human Services
- Please click here for the site index with a detailed alphabetical list of City departments, services, and resources.
- Renton Community Resource Directory Lists local and area-wide human services
- 2-1-1. Need assistance? Don't know who to call? Try 2-1-1; their operators will direct you to telephone numbers for local health and human services, including housing, food and clothing, volunteering, caregiver resources, legal help, utility assistance, health care, and disability services. If your cell phone does not connect via 2-1-1, dial 1-800-621-4636. TDD 206-461-3610.
- Assistance Programs Food, utility and rental assistance, housing, shelters, legal resources, discounts, and other assistance
- Bus service The King County Metro website has links to bus schedules, recreation, and current information on burn bans, legislation, and other topics.
- Children For additional information, see the Children's Services category in the Renton Community Resource Directory
- Discounts Information on discounts or assistance available for City utilities and Comcast cable, prescriptions, and housing repair, among others
- ESL Local ESL programs and resources for English language learners at all levels of proficiency. See also the ESL and Literacy Services website sponsored by the King County Library System.
- Government Links to many Washington State resources and "Ask George," which offers an easy search of government websites and documents
- Health Health topics, drug information, medical encyclopedia and more from the US National Library of Medicine and the National Institutes of Health
- Homebuyers See Housing Resources, below
- Housing Repair Assistance Program For qualified homeowners within the City of Renton
- Housing Resources Links for rentals, transitional and emergency housing, first-time homebuyers, and other programs
- Human Services Advisory Committee
- Immigration and Naturalization Guide
- Jobs at the City of Renton. 24-hour Jobline 425-430-7652. TTY: 711
WorkSource provides information and technology to assist job seekers achieve successful careers
Microsoft's Elevate America Program provides online tools to learn basic computer skills as well as more advanced programs.
- Landlord/Tenant resources;
- Legal resources Research assistance from the King County Law Library and Legal Services. See also the King County Bar Association and Washington State Bar Association
- Public Health Department of Seattle/King County provides services to promote health, prevent disease, and build healthy communities
- Rentals See Housing Resources, above
- Seniors in Renton
Seniors category in the Renton Community Resource Directory
- Utilities See Assistance Programs, above
- Veterans Located within WorkSource Renton at 500 SE 7th Street. Hours: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm M-F, phone 206-205-3500. Services for veterans include claims advice and guidance, assistance with resumes and job searches, computer training, and emergency financial assistance. Also, see the Washington State Department of Veteran's Affairs.
- For other programs and services, please check the Renton Community Resource Directory, or call 2-1-1 (listed above), or call our Human Services line at 425-430-6600, M-F 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.