2014 City Council Meeting Highlights
- Proclaimed February 2014 as Renton Heart Month.
- Waived Golf Course green fees for the Liberty High School Girls Golf Team.
- Leased the Cedar River Boathouse to the George Pocock Rowing Foundation for five years.
- Reappointed Martin Regge to the Planning Commission.
- Reappointed Bill Huls, Marsha Rollinger, Natalie Gress, and Paul Hebron to the Municipal Arts Commission.
- Approved the sales tax credit for 2014 at $3,3445,000 related to the Benson Hill Annexation.
- Accepted $9,950,000 in grant funds from the Washington State Department of Commerce for the Central Sound Aerospace Training Center.
- Approved the purchase of 2014-2015 ORCA Business Passports from King County.
- Amended Renton Municipal Code regarding placing liens on chronic nuisance properties.
- Proclaimed January 2014 National Mentoring Month.
- Proclaimed January 11, 2014 Human Trafficking Awareness Month
- Approved the Renton Police Officers' Guild - Commissioned 2013-2015 labor agreement.
- Approved a Fire Resource Mobilization Plan reimbursement agreement with the Washington State Patrol.
- Approved the initiation of the legalized marijuana work program with the Planning Commission.
- Accepted $1,212,395 in grant funds from King County for basic life support services.
- Approved Amendment III to the Landowner Collaboration for Knotweed Control on the Cedar River Project with the King Conservation District.
- Accepted $4,618,248 in grant funds from the Washington State Transportation Improvement Board for the Logan Ave. N. (Cedar River Bridge to N. 6th St.) Improvement project.
NOTICE: The members of the Renton City Council are elected officials. State law provides that all correspondence sent to them (by any means, including email) is a public record. Certain records such as personal information may be exempt from disclosure. Therefore, any correspondence sent to the Council (by any means, including email) by any member of the public will be disclosed to any person who makes a request, unless exempt from disclosure under state law.