Finance and Information Technology
The Finance and Information Technology Department is responsible for all the fiscal, financial, information services and technology activities of the City. We provide the business processes and systems that enable the City to function as a unit in an efficient and accountable manner in pro-active compliance with all laws and regulations.
The department has 36.5 employees and two intern positions. The department's 2010 budget is over $6.2 million including the operating budget and technology improvements.
The department operates two divisions:
Responsible for the day-to-day management of all the City's cash services:
- Cash receipting
- Accounts payable and receivable
- Working with the State Auditor's Office
- Utility billing of more than 28,000 water/sewer/solid waste accounts
- Budget and capital improvement planning
- Revenue and expenditure forecasting
- Business licenses (required for all companies and individuals who do business within the City limits of Renton)
- Animal licenses (Valid for only one year. City residents age 62 and over, if income qualified, may license their pets for a one-time fee.)
Charged with the day-to-day maintenance/operations of the following:
- The City's voice and data network (both wired and wireless technology)
- Delivery of technology to each city department
The department also produces reports on a variety of major projects:
- Monthly financial management reports
- Quarterly reports for the City Council
- Special reports including the Budget (both Debt and CIP Manuals are incorporated into the Budget report)
- Comprehensive Annual Financial Report in conformance with the latest guidance from the
Governmental Accounting Standards Board
These reports are available on our web site and can be downloaded in a PDF format.
Email the Finance and Information Technology Administrator