Station Tour & Firefighter Visit Guidelines
The Renton Fire & Emergency Services Department provides fire station tours and visits from firefighters to the communities we serve. In an effort to make the event a positive experience for everyone we have established some simple guidelines to follow as you plan for your groups station tour or firefighter visit.
- Station tours and requests for firefighters/equipment are made available to residents of the Renton Fire & Emergency Services Department service areas only.
- All requests must be submitted by using the on-line registration form.
- Due to the number of requests we receive, we can only allow one tour/visit, per group, per year
- Only 6 tours/visits are scheduled each month. Requests are on a first come first serve basis.
- We do not conduct appearances promoting a private business, birthday parties, or private residential events.
- All visits or tours must be scheduled at least 4 weeks in advance and not more than 3 months in advance.
Guidelines we ask you to follow when you request to visit the fire station
- Only one station tour per day, per fire station can be scheduled. If you have more than one group, you will need to submit a separate registration form for each group and their station tours will need to be scheduled on different days.
- Children must be 4 years of age to participate in a preschool/day care station tour (visits to your facility may be requested for children 3 years old and older).
- Station tours last approximately 30 minutes.
- Maximum number of participants - no larger than one classroom size + chaperones.
- Please provide an adequate number of chaperones (recommendation 1 chaperone for every 5 children).
- Please understand the Firefighters may be called away with no notification due to emergency responses. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience this might create.
Guidelines we ask you to follow when firefighters visit your facility
- Maximum group size recommendation is 25 - if your group is larger please be sure to include this information with your request. (additional instructions/coordination may be required).
- A parking area must be provided where a fire engine/aid car can get in and out quickly in the event of an emergency.
- Please provide an adequate number of chaperones who can help clear children away from the fire engine/truck if there is an emergency.
- Only one visit per day, per fire station can be scheduled. If you have more than one group, you will need to submit a separate registration form for each group and their visits will need to be scheduled on different days.
- Firefighter visits last approximately 30 minutes.