The official site of the City of Renton

The Renton Area Youth and Family Services (RAYS) Administration and Counseling Services office is located at 1025 South 3rd Street. (Phone 425-271-5600.) Please call for more information regarding its Renton based services.  RAYS received $55,350 from the City of Renton out of the $417,848 total Human Services General Fund allocation in 2007.

You are here : Government : City Departments and Services : Community Services : Human Services

Print Friendly Version

Human Services Division

The Human Services Division coordinates and collaborates with service providers to deliver services to low and moderate income households. The Division also works with other City departments and divisions to improve the quality of life for City residents.

Contact the Human Services at: 425-430-6600.

Information for the general public

Information for agencies

Determining Residency:

Please verify you are in Renton by:
Opening our COR Map application

  • Enter your address in the top right corner (in the teal-colored menu bar)
  • Search results will show in the left pane. Look for a line starting with "Jurisdiction"
  • If you are in Renton, the search results will say "Jurisdiction: RENTON"

 Email the Human Services Manager


The Human Services Advisory Committee currently has an opening, and is receiving applications.

Click here for more information.  

Volunteers Needed

The Renton Meal Coalition is one place that people can volunteer with the seven day a week meal program for the homeless or those who want a meal. You can volunteer once or ongoing. The site is also the portal for helping the ARISE program (rotating men's shelter) by donating lunch items or snacks. 

Renton Kiwanis Clothes Bank

The Renton Kiwanis Clothes Bank is now open from 9am - 1pm, the first and third Saturdays of the month; located at 1025 S 3rd in Renton. You need to have a referral from a local organization, please see the website for more details. 


2-1-1 Community Information Line

Need assistance? Don't know who to call? Try 2-1-1 for referrals to local health and human services, including housing, food, and clothing.