Renton Farmers Market
Tuesdays, June - September 3:00-7:00 pm
Downtown Renton will come alive with the tastes of Summer this June as the setting for the Renton Farmers Market. The Piazza, Renton's beautiful urban park, will be filled with juicy berries, leafy lettuce, vine-ripened tomatoes and a virtual cornucopia of other farm fresh produce every Tuesday from June through September.
More than 50 vendors and farmers are expected to sell a bounty of fresh, locally grown farm products, including organic fruits and vegetables, cut flowers, eggs, baked goods, herbs and more! The Renton Farmers Market at the Piazza will be open 3:00 - 7:00 pm. Some of the items available may include:
- Cut Flowers
- Dried Flowers
- Farm Fresh Meats
- Fresh Baked Bread
- Fresh Herbs
- Organic Fruits
- Organic Vegetables
- ...and much more
In addition to market fare, market shoppers will enjoy live music, tips from Master Gardeners, cooking demonstrations from regionally renowned chefs and children's activities.
An ideal setting for an outdoor market, Piazza Renton is in the heart of Renton's rapidly growing downtown, adjacent to the Renton Transit Center.
Directions to the Renton Farmers Market at the Piazza:
From I-405, take Exit 2 and proceed north on Rainier Ave. to S. 3rd St. Turn right. Head east. The Piazza is located on S. 3rd St. between Logan and Burnett Avenues. Parking is available at City Center Garage. From the Piazza on S. 3rd Street, take a left on Burnett Ave. South and a left onto S. 2nd Street. Access to City Center Garage is off S. 2nd Street.
The Renton Farmers Market at the Piazza is coordinated by the City of Renton with the generous support of Piazza Renton volunteers, additional community volunteers, and marketing support from the Renton Chamber of Commerce. Several local businesses also generously contribute financial support for the Market. The Renton Farmers Market is a member of the Washington State Farmers Market Association, Puget Sound Fresh and the Farmers Market Coalition. For more information about the market, visit www.rentonfarmersmarket.com.
SPONSORSHIP BENEFITS & OPPORTUNITIES
Entertainment Sponsor - 17 weeks of music/dance entertainment; 5:30 pm-6:30 pm. (OPEN - 2013 request $4,000).
Kids' Fun Patch Sponsor - Activity area that provides children arts & crafts opportunity; 3:00 pm-6:30 pm. (Wizards of the Coast in 2013.)
Master Gardener Clinic Sponsor - Master Gardener volunteers provide opportunity for question/answers; 3:00 pm-6:00 pm. (OPEN - 2013 request: $2,000)
Information Booth Sponsor - Volunteer-staffed table that includes information from throughout Renton community (OPEN - 2013 request: $2,000).
Community Booth Sponsor - Volunteer-staffed table with community information. Each week will feature a different non-profit/community resource organization. (Renton Technical College in 2013).
Chef Demonstrations Sponsor - 17 weeks of restaurant sampling at the Market; 4:30 pm - 5:00 pm. (Deano’s Bistro in 2013.)
Friends of the Market – Banner visible at Market, logo/individual name on website (donation level up to $1,000)
Visibility and Marketing Impressions Available for these Investments:
- Logo or business name on Renton Farmers Market season posters – sponsorship contract must be finalized by printing date (300 distributed to local businesses and key community gathering places)
- Logo, business name and link (year round) to sponsor website on Renton Farmers Market website (www.rentonfarmersmarket.com) and City of Renton Farmers Market page (http://rentonwa.gov/living/default.aspx?id=1570) (City website - over 5 million hits per year)
- Banner with business logo and name displayed at Renton Farmers Market for 17 weeks, viewed by an average of 4,000 Market customers each week (sponsor provided)
- Logo and/or business name on weekly e-mails regarding next week's Farmers Market
- Business mention in additional marketing and earned media (in past, on-site radio promotions and Renton Magazine advertising)
- Speaking opportunities at Farmers Market events
- Opportunity to distribute business information at Market Information Booth (distributing informational materials and free giveaways acceptable, no commercial sales allowed).