The official site of the City of Renton

Building Permit Needed

You are here : Business

Permits and Licenses

land use Land Use Permits - All development that alters any uses of or on the land in the City of Renton is required to meet land use regulations. 
building permits Building Permits - A building permit is required for any building or structure located in the City of Renton that is to be erected, constructed, enlarged, altered, repaired, moved, improved, converted, or demolished.
fire Fire Permits and Forms - All new building construction in the City of Renton is required to meet current fire code requirements.  Redeveloped buildings are also required to update fire suppression systems to meet current code.
dog3 Animal Licenses - The City of Renton requires that all dogs and cats aged four months and older be licensed
bus license Business Licenses - If you do business in or with Renton, including home occupations, you need a business license from the City of Renton.
sign Sign Permits - All external signs posted in the City of Renton are required to obtain a permit.
Carshow Special Events Coordination and Permits  - The City of Renton Special Events application process saves everyone time, resources, and money by addressing all the elements early in the planning stages. 
shopping cart Code Compliance - The City of Renton has established rules and regulations that are intended to ensure safe and attractive neighborhoods.  Issues that involve code compliance relate to things like abandoned vehicles, illegal land clearing, zoning violations, and other civil code infractions.