Renton is on the Move!
Envisioning a world-class city where people learn to live, work, learn, play and visit, the City has worked hard to create an environment that supports business development while enhancing the quality of life in the Renton community. Striving to carry out the vision, the City has recruited quality companies and diversified its employment base by creating a new comprehensive plan, streamlining the permit process and reducing the approval time to expedite quality developments.
Click on the map points below to learn more about Major Projects in Renton. Right-click on the map to zoom in. For a map with major development sites available in Renton, check here.
It appears you may not have a version of the Flash player capable of displaying this file. You may download it here
The City of Renton's five-year business plan includes progressive goals and strategies that support economic development activities, including:
- Providing a safe, healthy, welcoming atmosphere where people choose to live
- Promote safety, health, and security through effective communication and service delivery
- Facilitate successful neighborhoods through community involvement
- Encourage and partner in the development of quality housing choices for
people of all ages and income levels
- Promote a walkable, pedestrian and bicycle-friendly city with complete streets,
trails, and connections between neighborhoods and community focal points
- Provide opportunities for communities to be better prepared for emergencies
- Promote economic vitality and strategically position Renton for the future
- Promote Renton as the progressive, opportunity- rich city in the Puget Sound region
- Capitalize on opportunities through bold and creative economic development strategies
- Recruit and retain businesses to ensure a dynamic, diversified employment base
- Nurture entrepreneurship and foster successful partnerships with businesses and community leaders
- Leverage public/private resources to focus development on economic centers
- Support planned growth and influence decisions that impact the city
- Foster development of vibrant, sustainable, attractive, mixed-use neighborhoods in urban centers
- Uphold a high standard of design and property maintenance
- Advocate Renton’s interests through state and federal lobbying efforts, regional partnerships and other organizations
- Pursue transportation and other regional improvements and services that improve quality of life
- Balance development with environmental protection
- Building an inclusive city with opportunities for all
- Improve access to city services and programs and make residents and businesses aware of opportunities
to be involved with their community
- Build connections with ALL communities that reflect the breadth and richness of the diversity in our city
- Promote understanding and appreciation of our diversity through celebrations and festivals
- Provide critical and relevant information on a timely basis and facilitate two-way dialogue between city
government and the community
- Encourage volunteerism, participation and civic engagement
- Meet service demands and provide high quality customer service
- Plan, develop, and maintain quality services, infrastructure, and amenities
- Prioritize services at levels that can be sustained by revenue
- Retain a skilled workforce by making Renton the municipal employer of choice
- Develop and maintain collaborative partnerships and investment strategies that improve services
- Respond to growing service demands through partnerships, innovation, and outcome management Bold and creative economic development strategies help achieve these goals.
As a result, the City received VISION 2020 awards from the Puget Sound Regional Council in 2000 and 2002 for exceptional efforts that support strong communities, efficient transportation and a healthy economy and environment. The City's major redevelopment efforts illustrate our dynamic and diverse development ventures.